How do you report an emergency situation?
- By phone using the Emergency Reporting phone number: (323) 790-3507
- By using the “Report Form” on the IIS private website.
- By texting to the Emergency Reporting phone number: (323) 790-3507
- By emailing to this address: email@example.com
Using the Phone
This goes to a voice mail only. The phone message will be transcribed and both the audio and transcript will appear in the Inquiries. The designated IIS Controller will be alerted by email that a report (called an inquiry) has been received.
Using the Report Form
This form provides some guidance in submitting a report and should be used wherever possible. Put a link to this on your smartphone. An email will be immediately sent with the content of your report to the IIS Controller.
Using Text Messages
Same phone number is used for phone messages. Should only be used for very brief reports and followed up using the Report form or an email.
Emailing your report
Use: firstname.lastname@example.org. This is especially helpful for non-urgent or semi-urgent situations where additional details will be helpful.
All initial reports alerting the LADWP managers and responders to an incident should use the above tools.
All updates relating to a previously reported incident should use the same forms. If detailed information is to be shared, please use the Report Form or email.
Information Needed for Reports
- Is this a serious emergency requiring immediate action?
- Your name, department, title.
- The location of the incident
- Your location
- Best contact information: cell phone, email address, etc.
- Brief description of situation
- Who is or could be hurt or affected by this?
- Has 911 been called (if needed)
- What response (if anything) is happening