*This news release was originally published and distributed by Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA).
WASHINGTON, D.C. (July 26, 2021) — Today, the Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) announced the winners of the 2021 SEPA Power Players Awards, in recognition of their unique innovations, groundbreaking partnerships, stakeholder and customer engagements, and more. Winners in eight award categories will be recognized during the 2021 SEPA virtual Grid Evolution Summit taking place July 26-28.
Now in their thirteenth year, the awards celebrate innovation and collaboration by the utilities, industry partners, and individuals who are shaping the future of electricity.
The 2021 SEPA Power Players are:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Power Player of the Year: Nancy Harvey, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, New York Power Authority
- Individual Power Player of the Year: Emeka Anyanwu, Energy Innovation & Resources Officer, Seattle City Light
- Investor-Owned Utility of the Year: Consumers Energy
- Public Power Utility of the Year: Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
- Electric Cooperative of the Year: Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
- Regulatory and Business Innovation Power Player of the Year: Tampa Electric & Emera Technologies – BlockEnergy
- Grid Integration Power Player of the Year: Green Mountain Power – DER Programs
- Electrification Power Player of the Year: DTE Energy – Bring Your Own Charger® Program
“This year’s Power Players Award winners showcase innovative projects, partnerships, individuals and ideas transforming our industry,” said SEPA president & CEO Julia Hamm. “This innovation and leadership is more necessary now than ever.”
The winners were selected from a record-breaking competitive field of over 100 nominees and recently announced finalists.