The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) invites community members, students, employees and prospective job candidates to the first-ever LADWP Women’s Career & Wellness Expo.
The regional event showcases a variety of utility careers through a recruitment fair with information about skilled craft and professional jobs at LADWP, along with equipment demonstrations and other hands-on activities. Attendees can also attend a wellness fair with information from healthcare providers and other vendors, a financial literacy class, a fitness workout, and a meditation session.
The event is family-friendly and open all members of the community, with activities for children like a petting zoo and climbing wall. More than 1,000 attendees are registered for this event.
More information and event registration available at www.ladwpcommission.com/Womens-Expo.
Saturday, May 6, 2023
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Morning Workout: 10:30
- Event program: 11:30
- Financial Literacy Class: 1:00
- Meditation Session: 1:30
LADWP Truesdale Training Facility
- LADWP officials and employees
- Los Angeles area high school students
- Community members
LADWP embraces diversity, supports wellness and offers employees an avenue to live out their values in the workplace. The event aligns with the Department’s goal to help narrow the nation’s gender and racial pay gaps by improving access to employment pathways, promoting the benefits of civil service and union representation, high-quality jobs, and connecting high school students, particularly underrepresented female students, with career paths in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
Out of the more than 11,000 employees working for LADWP, approximately 25% are women.
- Cynthia McClain-Hill, President of the Board of Water and Power Commissioners
- Cynthia Ruiz, Vice President of the Board of Water and Power Commissioners
- LaTanya Bogin, LADWP Retirement Board President and Co-Chair of LADWP Women’s Council
- Shawn McCloud, IBEW Local 18 Senior Assistant Business Manager
- Lilly Calvache, IBEW Local 18 Senior Assistant Business Manager
- Fabiola Moreno, LADWP Civil Engineering Associate
- Erika Jaramillo, Commercial Service Supervisor
- Alicia Dickerson, LADWP Building Repairer
LADWP employees and vendors discussing job opportunities with community members and students. Live demonstrations of helicopters, vehicles and construction equipment by LADWP staff. Climbing wall, petting zoo and other family-friendly activities. Event program featuring elected officials, employees and music from female artists.
MEDIA CONTACT INFO:
Paola Adler: email@example.com | 213 271-3375
Vanessa Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org | 213 573-5244