We regret to inform you that the Women’s Career and Wellness Expo scheduled this Saturday, March 11th at Truesdale Training Center is being postponed to a later date. The forecast of rain leading to Saturday is going to impact the preparations for this outdoor event and the safety of all involved. We will announce the new date shortly and hope you can all still join us then. Thank you for understanding!
Stay tuned by visiting https://ladwpcommission.com/womens-expo.
_ _ _
The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) invites community members, students, employees and prospective job candidates to the first-ever LADWP Women’s Career & Wellness Expo. The regional event showcases a variety of utility careers through a recruitment fair with information about skilled craft and professional jobs from our own workforce, along with equipment demonstrations and other hands-on activities. Attendees can also attend a wellness fair with information from healthcare providers and other vendors, along with cooking and interactive workout demonstrations, to encourage a healthy lifestyle at work and beyond. The event is family-friendly and open all members of the community, with activities for children like a petting zoo and climbing wall.
LADWP embraces diversity, supports wellness and offers its employees an avenue to live out their values in the workplace. The event aligns with the Department’s goal to help narrow the nation’s gender and racial pay gaps by improving access to employment pathways, promoting the benefits of union represented, high-quality jobs, and connecting high school students, particularly underrepresented female students, with career paths in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
More information and event registration available at www.ladwpcommission.com/Womens-Expo.
- Stage program, job demonstrations, display of LADWP fleet vehicles including a helicopter, onsite exercises/workouts, food preparation demonstration
LADWP Truesdale Training Facility
11760 Truesdale Street
Sun Valley, CA 91352
- Cynthia McClain-Hill, President of the Board of Water and Power Commissioners and Women’s Council Co-Chair
- Members of the Board of Water and Power Commission
- LaTanya Bogin, LADWP Retirement Board President and Women’s Council Co-Chair
- Shawn McCloud, IBEW Local 18 Senior Assistant Business Manager
- Lilly Calvache, IBEW Local 18 Senior Assistant Business Manager
- Women in Non-Traditional Roles i.e. Electrical Mechanic, Heavy Duty Truck Operator and Water Treatment Supervisor
- High school students and event attendees
LADWP employees and vendors discussing job opportunities with community members and students. Live demonstrations of helicopters, vehicles and construction equipment by LADWP staff. Interactive wellness activities, including cooking demonstrations and workout classes. Climbing wall, petting zoo and other family-friendly activities. Event program featuring elected officials, employees and music from female artists.
Permission granted for broadcast and posting of video with courtesy to LADWP:
Paola Adler: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mia Rose-Wong: email@example.com