News conference announcing the opening of Recycled Water Fill Stations at LA-Glendale Water Reclamation Plant offering free water to qualifying residential customers.
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Los Angeles-Glendale Water Reclamation Plant
4600 Colorado Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90039
Note: After entering the security gates please take first right
• Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
• Los Angeles City Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell (13th District)
• Los Angeles City Councilmember Paul Krekorian (2nd District)
• Los Angeles City Councilmember Nithya Raman (4th District)
• President Cynthia McClain-Hill, Los Angeles Board of Water and Power Commissioners
• Commissioner Susana Reyes, Board of Public Works
• Barbara Romero, Director and General Manager Department of Public Works, LA Sanitation and Environment
• David Pettijohn, LADWP Director of Water Resources
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFO & PROGRAM BACKGROUND
The City of Los Angeles now offers free recycled water to all Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) customers. You can now get free recycled water for approved purposes, including irrigation for trees, shrubs and landscaping. To be eligible to receive free recycled water at the fill station, customers must complete a brief training class before filling up. Upon completion, participants can receive up to 300 gallons of recycled water per visit.
LA Sanitation’s Los Angeles-Glendale Water Reclamation Plant
4600 Colorado Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90039
LAG Hours: open every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8:00a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (closed on rainy days and holidays)
LA Zoo Parking Lot
5333 Zoo Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90027
Zoo Hours; Every Monday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
For holidays that fall on a Monday, the Zoo Fill Station will operate on Tuesdays.
Check www.ladwp.com/rwfs for updates.
LADWP Media Relations: 213-367-1323
# # #