April 14, 2007
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is continuing to work round-the-clock to restore all customers impacted by the recent wind storm that swept across the City Thursday afternoon. Around 5,953 customers continue to experience power disruption.
8640 Fenwick Ave.
Sunland, CA 91040
5040 Van Nuys Blvd.
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
625 South LaFeyette Park Place
Los Angeles, CA 90057
1657 East Century Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90002
4730 Crystal Springs Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90027
These tips can help you and your family stay safe in the event of an extended power outage.
• It is especially important to stay calm in the event of a power outage.
• Always keep a flashlight and extra batteries near by. Never use candles in a power outage or other emergency.
• Turn off or disconnect any appliances or electronic equipment you were using when the power went out.
• Leave one light turned on so you will know when your power returns.
• If you are cold, don’t light a fire indoors. Put on layers of warm clothing instead.
• Leave the doors of your refrigerator and freezer closed to keep the food as fresh as possible. If you must eat food that was refrigerated or frozen, check it carefully for signs of spoilage.
# # #
Contact for News Media:
Kim Hughes, (213) 367-4417