Saturday, September 22, 2007
RAINSTORM & OUTAGE UPDATE AS OF 3:00 PM
- The rain storm that hit the area has resulted in the current disruption of power to approximately 16,392 customers as of 3:00 PM today – many from wires down, caused by wind, rain and lightning.
- Over 50 crews are in the field and expect to make significant progress in restoring affected customers who are almost entirely on the METRO side of the city. The Valley has only minor outages with 32 out in North Hollywood.
- Most of the outages are circuit or partial circuit outages, with another 172 single customer outages scattered elsewhere.
- Our crews are working as safely and as fast as they can to restore power.
- Over 7,000 customers have been restored since noon.
POWER OUTAGE UPDATE FROM THE LADWP –3:00 p.m., September 22, 2007
Outages Impacting 16,392 Customers
Personnel: 51 crews
Total customers: 16,392
Response Level 2: Storm
A rainstorm impacted the City today bringing rain and lightening causing scattered outages. Repairs are on-going with expected restoration within 12 hours.
Cause: Most outages caused by rain related wires coming down and underground vault flooding, as well as lightening.
The communities impacted are:
Highland Park 13
Los Angeles 1,826
South LA 4,386
South East LA 122
East LA 16
Crenshaw 2, 294
Montecito Heights 2,570
Cheviot Hills 81
Mar Vista 43
North Hollywood 32
Belair Estates 241
Single Scattered 172
The storm is moving out and crews are working as quickly and as safely as possible to complete all needed repairs.