Saturday, September 22, 2007
RAINSTORM & OUTAGE UPDATE AS OF 6:00 PM
* The rain storm that hit the area has resulted in the current
disruption of power to approximately 12,392 customers as of 6:00 PM
today – many from wires down, caused by wind, rain and lightning.
* Over 50 crews are in the field and expect to make significant
progress in restoring affected customers who are almost entirely on the
METRO side of the city. We are still working on the outage in the Valley in North Hollywood.
We do have a new outage due to a transformer in Pacoima.
* Most of the outages are circuit or partial circuit outages, with
another 163 single customer outages scattered elsewhere.
* Our crews are working as safely and as fast as they can to
* Over 17,000 customers have been restored since the start of the storm.
POWER OUTAGE UPDATE FROM THE LADWP – 6:00 p.m., September 22, 2007
Outages Impacting 12,392 Customers
Personnel: 51 crews
Total customers: 12,392
Response Level 2: Storm
A rainstorm impacted the City today bringing rain and lightning
causing scattered outages. Repairs are on going with expected
restoration within 12 hours.
Cause: Most outages caused by rain related wires coming down and
underground vault flooding, as well as lightening.
The communities impacted are:
Highland Park 13
Los Angeles 1,826
South LA 4,386
South East LA 122
East LA 16
Crenshaw 2, 294
Montecito Heights 112
Cheviot Hills 81
Los Feliz 13
Mar Vista 43
North Hollywood 32
Belair Estates 241
Single Scattered 172
The storm is moving out and crews are working as quickly and as safely
as possible to complete all needed repairs.