Please find information below on how to file a claim:
- If applicable, contact your insurance company; they are your direct insurer.
- Be specific about the incident: date, time, and location.
- You must be able to substantiate your loss. Be practical and reasonable.
- To document your claim, send copies of: bills, cancelled checks, receipts, invoices, etc. This is in your own interest.
- Fill out the following form and mail to the address below.
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
Attn: Claims Section
221 N Figueroa Street, Suite 1640
Los Angeles, CA 90012-2660
Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) makes every effort to prevent power outages through routine as well as emergency repairs and maintenance. Despite those best efforts, outages can still occur that are not predictable, and therefore, not preventable. The California Government Code is the leading authority when dealing with governmental claims in California, and makes clear that governmental negligence is based on an act or an omission by an employee.
LADWP is committed to providing reliable power to over 1.5 million customers throughout Los Angeles. When outages do occur, regardless of the cause, LADWP crews work around the clock to restore power as quickly and as safely as possible. Customers can count on this care on a priority basis 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
For additional assistance, please click here.