Councilmember Koretz Asks for Public’s Cooperation with Partial Road Closure on Sunset Blvd
Councilmember Paul Koretz, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) and the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) to host a PRESS CONFERENCE to alert the public that LADWP is initiating a year-long power upgrade project along two areas of Sunset Blvd, east of I-405 in the greater Bel Air area. LADWP, together with its City partners, will announce traffic and public safety mitigations.
- LADWP will be upgrading underground power infrastructure that was installed in the 1930s.
- Due to increased power demands in the Bel Air, Beverly Crest, northern Westwood and Holmby Hills communities, additional power capacity needs to be added.
- Construction along Sunset Blvd will cause reduced lanes and slowdowns.
- Traffic, public safety, and emergency response plans have been developed and will be deployed throughout the duration of the project.
Monday, June 24, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Fire Station 71, 107 S Beverly Glen Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90024
Councilmember Paul Koretz, 5th Council District
Representative from LADWP
Nickie Miner, Bel Air Beverly Crest Neighborhood Council
Deputy Chief Armando Hogan, West Bureau Commander, LAFD
Captain Vic Davalos, LAPD
Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT)
Los Angeles Department of Public Works, Bureau of Street Services (BSS)
- Four new underground electric circuits will be installed under Sunset Blvd.
- Crews will be working simultaneously in two locations:
- Sunset Blvd between I-405 freeway and Bellagio Rd.
- Sunset Blvd between S. Beverly Glen Blvd and Carolwood Dr.
- Construction dates: June 25, 2019 – Summer 2020
- Construction hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Hours may be extended as needed to expedite the project’s completion
- Affected Communities: Bel Air, Beverly Crest, northern Westwood, Holmby Hills
- Project hotline: (213) 367-6045 or 1(800) DIAL DWP (342-5397)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.ladwp.com/BelAir
Alison Simard, Office of Councilmember Paul Koretz
213-473-7005 (o) / 213-505-7467 (c) Alison.Simard@lacity.org
Deborah Hong, LADWP
213-367-5204 (o)/ 213-948-9816 (c) Deborah.Hong@ladwp.com