LOS ANGELES (June 28, 2021) – Starting today, June 28, 2021, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) will resume in-person services for several popular residential and commercial customer programs that were suspended in March 2020 as part of the department’s response to COVID-19 in order to protect the health and safety of customers, employees and contractors.
During the temporary suspension of in-person activity for select customer programs, LADWP continued to accept rebate submissions and program sign-ups.
As we resume the in-person portion of programs, LADWP remains committed to prioritizing safety. Employees and contractors performing work in customer homes and businesses will continue practicing safety protocols recommended by state and local agencies, including the use of personal protective equipment, social distancing and conducting temperature checks for symptom screening prior to heading out into the field to meet with customers.
Customer programs that will resume in-person services on June 28th are:
- AC Optimization Program (AC Opt): Program provides a central air conditioner tune-up by certified technicians from approved licensed contractors and energy saving rebate opportunities. Service is at no cost to LADWP customers.
- Low-Income Refrigerator Exchange Program (LIREP): Program provides new energy-saving, ENERGY STAR® rated refrigerators to income-qualified customers in exchange for their older model refrigerators, free of charge.
- Refrigerator Turn-In and Recycle Program (RETIRE): Program offers a $60 rebate to recycle an old refrigerator. Pick up and recycling services are at no cost to LADWP customers.
- Home Energy Improvement Program (HEIP): Program provides a free home assessment to identify energy efficiency improvement areas. The program also performs necessary upgrades identified in the assessment.
- Water Conservation Rebate Program – indoor inspections: Program provides rebates to customers who purchase and install water efficient fixtures, such as high-efficiency clothes washers or toilets.
- Commercial Direct Install Program (CDI): Program provides assessments and free efficiency upgrades to qualifying business customers.
- Technical Assistance Program (TAP) – field inspections and audits: Program provides up to $250,000 for the installation of pre-approved water-saving equipment and products.
LADWP is working to resume additional customer-facing programs in the coming weeks, including:
- Attic Insulation Rebate Program: Program provides homeowners with a rebate that covers $1 per square foot of insulation up to 80% of the total project cost.
- Landscape Transformation/Lawn Be Gone Hands-On Workshops (HOW): Free Hands-on Workshops that teach customers how to reduce and remove their turf and replace it with a sustainable garden using low-water use, California-friendly and native plants.
- California Friendly Landscape Transformation Classes (CFLT): Free classes in partnership with the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California. Customers learn how to design and care for a water efficient garden. Classes are currently available online.
- Solar Rooftops Program (SRP): Program helps homeowners install solar panel systems at no cost to customers. LADWP rents the rooftop space and provides participating customers an annual check of up to $600, or a bill credit.
Customers are advised of the potential high demand for in-person services and that they may experience some delays. We understand this may be an inconvenience to some of our customers and appreciate their patience and cooperation as LADWP works to expedite service in the quickest and safest way possible.
Customer Service Center Update:
Our customer service centers remain open only by appointment. Social distancing and masks will be required for the time being at all LADWP customer service centers. Customers are encouraged to continue to conduct their business online or by mail as much as possible.
For more information and updates on our programs and customer service centers reopening, visit www.ladwp.com/Covid19response or call 1-800-DIAL-DWP.
# # #