November 25, 2008
LADWP Customer Service Centers Accepting Donations to Aid Victims of the Sayre Wildfire
Los Angeles – To assist residents who have lost their homes and belongings during the Sayre Fire, the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has begun accepting donations from customers at LADWP Customer Service Centers. DWP employees also launched a fundraising effort that will raise money to help affected families.
Customer donations to aid victims of the Sayre Fire will be accepted during the entire month of December during regular business hours of 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM at all LADWP Customer Service Center locations. The locations are:
- DWP Headquarters Downtown L.A. – John Ferraro Building, 111 North Hope Street
- Harbor Area, 535 W. Ninth St. San Pedro
- Mission Hills, 11100 Sepulveda Blvd, Mission Hills 91345
- Van Nuys, 6550 Van Nuys Blvd, Van Nuys 91401
- Canoga Park, 7229 Winnetka Blvd, Canoga Park 91306
- West Los Angeles, 1394 S. Sepulveda, Blvd., Los Angeles 90025
- Central, 4619 S. Central Ave, Los Angeles, 90011
- Crenshaw, 4030 Crenshaw Blvd, 90008
- Lincoln Heights, 2417 Daly St, 90031
- Slauson, 5928 S. Vermont Ave, 90044
- Watts, 686 E. 103 St, 90002
- Wilmington, 931 N. Avalon Blvd, 90744
- Boyle Heights, 919 S. Soto St., #10, 90023
- Hollywood, 6547-B Sunset Blvd, 90028
Checks should be made payable to the American Red Cross, with California Wildfires noted in the memo section.
In addition, LADWP customers directly affected by the Sayre fire are encouraged to contact Customer Service anytime 24-hours a day 7-days a week to discuss ways the LADWP may be able to assist them financially through their water and power bill.
# # #